Age 34 - The Age of Woe - Preliminary Changes

Game Announcements and Updates.

Re: Age 34 - The Age of Woe - Preliminary Changes

Postby bearzy » 27 Jan 2017, 17:03

So, I will get my buddies kd to hit you right before we challenge and you cant explore or dice. fantastic. also you TM who may or may not be online wont have a chance to steal at 100%

When a war is forced or a challenge accepted kingdoms will be automatically put into rebuild phase. Kingdoms cannot change stance while the war timer is running.

For the last 24 hours of the counter, kingdoms will be automatically put in a new Preparation
stance. This will be equivalent to rebuild phase with 100% protection, with no option to be declared on or declare or capitulate the war.
bearzy

Postby Grif » 27 Jan 2017, 20:09

bearzy wrote:So, I will get my buddies kd to hit you right before we challenge and you cant explore or dice. fantastic. also you TM who may or may not be online wont have a chance to steal at 100%

bearzy has a point. Automatic rebuild stance on the forced kgd is wrong as he cant react if needed
Grif

Postby randallu » 27 Jan 2017, 23:05

Wouldn't be an issue if game wasn't full of douchebags who have no purpose other than to mess with people. Stop being such dicks and play with some sort of decency.
randallu

Postby zim312 » 28 Jan 2017, 07:36

grif : thats just rounding the decimal down for display purposes?

ie.. snaga shows +8% gains instead of +8.2%
who knows behind the scenes it might actually still be 8.2% and just display as 8%
same w/ +ome 11.4 displays as +11

I think snaga should be more +ome than stormbringer to get more differentiation.
otherwise stormbringer is a magic/stealth/be leeching snaga axe that 90% of time has less gains and 10% of the time has almost 4x the gains (love getting that on a learn while also holding a ram) :)
zim312

Postby Grif » 28 Jan 2017, 19:09

Science networth to be decreased from 1/30th per book to 1/45th per book.

I know that a few asked but if i think about it I'm convinced that's a step in the wrong direction

science (the other is wizards) is one of the long term investment veteran players usually manage better than new players and big amounts of science usually lead to less wars and a more static game as kgds stay in "pump" mode longer.

After insisting with Fog to include unlearned books in NW calculation I was kind of happy of the NW impact of books forcing players to run on average less science .. or pay for it a high price .. which was fine either

now if we lower the nw value of books it can only be detrimental to the game flow (slower) and increase the difference between new and old players (steeper learning curve)
Grif

Postby zim312 » 29 Jan 2017, 18:02

if you're trying to adjust human science how about instead of
Seer:Lose 10% (was 5%) books books when recycling science,
Seer: Lose 50% less books when recycling

that way humans lose 10% instead of 20% not 2% instead of 1%

and you can put a similar bonus on sage so that human sage is what loses the least, not just all humans.
zim312

Postby MajorOutlaw » 29 Jan 2017, 18:05

I would have to agree... i think the combat losses for avian are too harsh. they already have high losses.
they tms by far ar emore powerful on ops and spells than attackers are attacking. let find a happy medium between them not ruin the attacking power in the game. as i see it all races are taking a plummet except for gnomes... are gnomes not strong enough? and why are they the only one to get a bonus while other races get a deduction? gnome +5% pop why does all other races get a - and gnome get a +?

i dont think the attackers are over powered. nor shoudl they be decreased in gains casualties ect. who wants an attacker with 25% casualties? its already hard enough to retain troops on the fast avians now another 25% troop loss? not the way it ought to be. ok so you pick an attacker you get to choose between combat gains or fast attacks. maybe the avians should have decrease in combat gains as oppose to 25% increased deaths. literally avian would have to max hospitals and but -troop loss item to even make it through a war. i see avins not being high in demand this age.
MajorOutlaw

Postby MajorOutlaw » 29 Jan 2017, 18:47

HUMANS: -50% wages and lose +1 offense to elites. ALSO LOSING 5% of any reallocated books.
these are all negative for human. im posting all these in a row so we can see why so many races are losing while other races are gaining this age. HUMANS are NOT over powered. HUMANS LOSE LOSE AND LOSE THIS AGE. NOT GOING TO BE EFFECTIVE USING HUMANS ANYMORE BC OF THIS. this race will all but die. the human is the only race with all negatives and losses this age. other provinces lose this but gain that? AND TO MENTION IF REDUCING THE ELITE POWER THEN THE COST AND OR NETWORTH FOR THEM SHOULD DECREASE AS WELL. else we have humans with lowest income -50% and loss of power but theyre worth the same to train and worth the same NW? too unbalanced for humans.

AVAINS: +25% COMBAT DEATHS ALSO LOSING 1 DEFENSE TO ELITES. this is going to put avians having the lowest defense than any other race on the elite side of it. and with their combat deaths in there too avians going to hit for 2 waves in war then have next to no troops left. must run max hostpitals if running avain. which is going to cut into their other war builds. an avian caught army home will be destroyed SO easily with their loss to elite defense and also now 25% extra troop losses.

FAERY: -25% INCOME.... DUDE its hard enough to train faery elites this will make it even harder. why are faeries getting nerfed at all? theyre well rounded provinces currently and not over powered at all. they have low gold income already and have around the most expensive elites in the game.

ORCS: the highest elite attacking power in the game (aside from useless ent) losing -50% on learns (not a huge deal) but -30% sicence effect? this is going to make the one thing orc are good for (high gains) useless. you want to chop them down a bit to even them up with the humans and avians then we should take from their elites as well.

UNDEAD: -10% (was -8%) Combat Gains
-25% Honour Effects
Revenant: 50% Resistance to incoming Nightmares. Plague Chance increased to 75%, +25% (was +15%) Magic Effectiveness, Spell: Rune Harvest
Corpsemaster: Gain +35% (was 25%) extra prisoners from attacks.

WHAT ARE UNDEAD LOSING? -2% gains? thats it. other than that bonus and bonus for them. how is that equivalent to what the avians and humans are losing?

THE WHOLE IDEA HERE IS TO MAKE THE PROVINCE BY RACE AND CLASS EQUAL OR CLOSE TO EQUAL TO EACH OTHER
IE>.... IF YOUR CHOPPING DOWN THE ELITE POWER ON CERTAIN RACES HUMANS AND AVIANS THEN IT SHOULD BE REDUCED ACROSS THE BOARD ON ALL ATTACKERS. else were here next age reducing the provinces you didnt reduce this age to make them equal to the humans and avians. if you take specs or elite power from 1 race take it from ALL ATTACKING RACES. to keep them equal. otherwise you get many kds running the 1 race thats better than all the other races for attacking. after the abuse then we go in next age and fix them? fix them now to be equal to the other race losses.
IS EVERYONE GOING TO RUN A KD OF PURE UNDEAD ATTACKERS? seems logical to me.

HOW DO WE FEEL SAYING THAT HUMAN AND AVIAN LOSING ELITE POWER HIGHER LOSSES FOR AVIANS. AND HIGHER deaths IS EQUAL TO AN UNDEAD losing -2% GAINS?
MajorOutlaw

Postby Grif » 29 Jan 2017, 22:26

well said .. you only forgot dwarf +2 pop at the cost of some food/runes

basically all hitters except ud/dwarf are kinda screwed and unplayable ..
.. but gnome/rogue got +5pop/+10tpa << wow

gonna be a funny age
Grif

Postby ImJustSayin » 29 Jan 2017, 23:24

proposed changes have humans and halfers with the same leet value ... and thats just wrong
ImJustSayin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements