Age 31 - The Age of Thunder - Preliminary Changes

Game Announcements and Updates.

Re: Age 31 - The Age of Thunder - Preliminary Changes

Postby ImJustSayin » 12 May 2016, 15:49

Remove nullify from Human ...
ImJustSayin

Postby sayan316 » 12 May 2016, 16:26

- thieves have too much power over mystics - absolute rubbish , have u seen what a full fledged amnesia/tornado run can do to a rogue ? Guess not.

- Capitulate - in its current form it is basically a tool meant for abuse. Can freely give away war points to other kds at eoa. Also, if you do not have a cool down between forces, then back to back to back forces can basically decide triumphant and honor crowns towards eoa. And make capitulate an option tht kds will take at the last resort, not as the FIRST one. 5% honor losses is just ridiculous. The kd is capitulating knowing full well they would lose more. there should be at least 15% losses on capitulate, and the war points given should be halved. And a 3-5 day cooldown timer on next force.

- Kd sizes - I would even suggest 6 if not 8 as kd size. those that keep saying 12 is fine, are possibly not seeing the no of kds with full members. Discounting all the multies, i doubt there are 10 full kds next age.

- Moderation - deleting a kd for cheating in yr 10 is just ridiculous. If you have to delete, it should not be because someone reported it to you, but because you saw it happen proactively. All the other kds that are disadvantaged by a cheating kd in the past 9 game years, stand to gain nothing from the deletion, when they have been legitimately screwed by people breaking game rules and running multiple provinces.
sayan316

Postby nameisis » 12 May 2016, 16:33

12 player kd would be fine. If solos would be merged.

Either make min kd size 6. Or make hitting into solos as 100% gains, regardless of size diffrences.
nameisis

Postby sayan316 » 12 May 2016, 16:36

Capitulate - should take explore pool 10% as well. So 20% honor and 10% explore pool. In short, make capitulate, the last option on the board.

And i forgot - whats with rebuilding first for 47 hours, getting a challenge in place, then rebuild extended for another 48 hours :P

Extended jubilant ? please ensure that science is constrained to limited in rebuild. U cannot use rebuild to pump, its not supposed to be meant for tht purpose.
sayan316

Postby nameisis » 12 May 2016, 16:41

Just disable sci in rebuild. Would be better
nameisis

Postby Agog » 12 May 2016, 17:06

I especially applaud doing some decent advertising, and also getting the guide accurate and launching a wiki that players can contribute to seem like good ideas for bringing in new players. The game is great, but needs more of a player base. On that note, I've always thought it just made bad matters worse to only put percentages of race/personality combos in the Survey of the World. Anyone with basic math skills can quickly figure it out anyway. Change it to raw numbers.

The thief and mage ops don't show in the Guide.

I agree with the comments above calling for capitulate to be strengthened. A capitulating kingdom should lose more. As it stands, it's too easy to capitulate.

I support lowering the maximum kingdom size modestly, but I don't support eliminating solo kingdoms or penalizing them for being solo. It's an important mechanism for bringing in new players, which should be everyone's priority. Pacifying existing players should be a secondary concern—that doesn't mean existing players are unimportant, but making the game attractive to new entrants is more important.
Agog

Postby nameisis » 12 May 2016, 17:41

Unless new player has played or is playing Utopia then learning game by solo''ing is next to impossible. At worse new players should be put in kds, not solos.

Make ability to play solos as paid service.
nameisis

Postby hondarr » 12 May 2016, 17:42

Add back potion of war spoils.

Make book of change easier to get the desired personality maybe 1/5 chance to get what you want?

Kingdom sizes are still not fine at 10.

There are at least 24 players not returning next age to form two 12 person kingdoms.

Guess when you have only 5 full kingdoms you'll see.
hondarr

Postby randallu » 12 May 2016, 18:05

People who create new account should have the option to go through a training/staging area, for example, some online sports games i've played, you can't even start the game until you've proven some basic skills in tutorials. Can create a tutorial showing specific snapshot scenarios and it walks you through them, like building your lands for economy vs hostile, how to do disable an opponent with ops, how to attack, etc. Then after you've gone through them you can start your province as you would currently with at least something to look forward to.
randallu

Postby Agog » 12 May 2016, 19:29

nameisis wrote:Unless new player has played or is playing Utopia then learning game by solo''ing is next to impossible. At worse new players should be put in kds, not solos.

Make ability to play solos as paid service.

No, this is wrong. First of all, many of them will have Utopia experience so I don't see the point of dismissing that. Others can learn and will gain experience through mentoring in kingdoms but want to play solo at low stakes while they learn more. Forcing kingdom play or penalizing solo play is a terrible idea at this stage of the game's life.
Agog

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements