Age 30 - The Age of Strife - Preliminary Changes

Game Announcements and Updates.

Re: Age 30 - The Age of Strife - PRELIMINARY CHANGES

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2016, 00:18

Fogtopia wrote:My stance on kingdom size is i like to give people as much choice as possible, if you want to play with a few friends thats fine, but I dont want to make it compulsory.

I don't think you're giving people more choices by keeping the 12 man kingdoms. You are already stretching things thin as far as allowing people to compensate inactivity or lack of players in some cases.

But the lack of KDs is giving people a lack of choices. Going to a small kd at this point doesn't allow you to compete. You are definitely not helping people and their choices by being stubborn on the matter. You failed in recruiting and retaining players so yes we are at the point where game is taking a nose dive as far as competitive kds.

Postby Randomitis » 22 Feb 2016, 00:41

Let the 500 people in the hall vote on kd size? This would prevent people from spamming new accounts to cheat the poll...
Randomitis

Postby zzzz » 22 Feb 2016, 02:20

Resolution Wars (will be renamed Force Wars)

If your networth has shown as dropping over 24 hours, you cannot force war.

Capitulate: During the first 24 hours of a timer, a kingdom can refuse the war. When the timer expires they will lose the war automatically and the declaring kingdom will gain the win.

Need to define NW dropping. 10%, 20%? But I don't think it will help much to solve the problem it is intended to. Kingdoms do make agreements to war by exploring up and land dropping down all the time anyway. The abusing kingdom can simply wait additional 24h to war.
I think this is too complicated a fix. The eligibility conditions to force war is already a ton. We could look into streamlining them. It is a great function, but we shouldn't always be applying band-aids on it but look to solve the pre-existing problems.

I guess one way would be to increase the NW value of books. No need for extra lines of codes or rules. Adjust the curve such that above a certain point books would be much less useful for warring kingdoms. Land dropping would have little advantage but would be more of a practicality for war matching then.
What use is ____ books for 0.1% extra pop which cost you the NW equivalent of 10k elites?
This also helps to pull in the gap between whoring and warring.

War interference is too rampant. Rebuild protection is insufficient. But if rebuilt protection is boosted, it will be abused.
Possible Solution:
1) remove rebuild stance, make war countdown a new stance; or
2) weaken rebuild stance, make war countdown a new stronger stance; or
3) strengthen rebuild stance but it may only be entered while during war countdown (in case people want to explore during war preparation);

Bonus effect: since dragons are affected by gains now, this eliminates the need to introduce the additional rule/line of code of/for: "You cannot send or receive dragons if you have an active war counter." The dragon will effectively be a lame duck if sent.
zzzz

Postby randallu » 22 Feb 2016, 03:24

Seems admin wants people to hold their acres, so added donate land to redistribute after war. So why not just have intra trads/raze destroy books as well? Then can get rid of the silly restrictions on NW dropping for war.
randallu

Postby Demetre » 22 Feb 2016, 03:38

The issue with pushing out kd dropping, is the player pool is so small that sometimes it is necessary to drop to actually find a war. Especially since most of us play this instead of utopia because of the better war system, and jublant for quick bounce back.

When you completely remove a kd's ability to regulate its acre you are forced just to grow, and that gets boring fast.
Demetre

Postby zzzzz » 22 Feb 2016, 03:46

which is my point exactly. No need to ad additional rule preventing NW / land drop.
Just make books worth what they actually should then land dropping would be a practical move to allow two kingdoms to war fairly and not an unfair science advantage.
zzzzz

Postby Demetre » 22 Feb 2016, 04:19

Ah gotcha, actually makes some real sense.
Demetre

Postby shadowfox » 22 Feb 2016, 06:07

Then you just have your friends land drop you to force a war...

Need to do something about kds sitting and pumping for weeks and weeks then forcing war on a kd that has been warring non-stop
shadowfox

Postby Demetre » 22 Feb 2016, 06:39

Hmmm maybe a max proportional sci to acre capacity? would add some realism while stopping an infinite pump scenario. If you, would have it scale upwards though as you grew so that at larger acreage, skillful science pumps arnt completely removed from game.
Demetre

Postby Obduro » 22 Feb 2016, 06:42

Swap undeads gravedigger advisor with dark elfs slaver, makes more sense to me.
Obduro

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements