Age 29 - The Age of Resolve - Preliminary Changes

Game Announcements and Updates.

Re: Age 29 - The Age of Resolve - Preliminary Changes

Postby lardass » 03 Dec 2015, 19:00

nameisis rebuild doesnt stop incoming attacks, and even in rebuild you still get hurt, is way to easy to overpop with 2 or 3 hits against the 1 KD that you are scared of. to many KDs playing with friends, as in hey KD X, we are going to war in 48 hours, can you hit into KD Y for us once we are within 24 hours of war........ thats BS and finding a way around the rules
lardass

Postby nameisis » 03 Dec 2015, 19:08

hit back. 25% gains are too small overpop seriously. Plus you enter with extreme defiance.
nameisis

Postby beans » 03 Dec 2015, 19:35

72 hours after last war concluded is not enough time. that is just 24 hours ooj. This is a very short window of opportunity for a kd to find their own war before being forced. If a kd is looking for a war ooj it might take a few days, and they should have a few days to look. The idea is to get more wars (I hope) not to force people into wars they dont want, and giving a longer cool down between ooj and force war encourages people to find wars in a *reasonable* amount of time before being forced. The short cool down appears to be set up to keep people on a war a week time line, if the wars are min time. However this means if you want to start a war on a saturday every week you are risking being forced if you wait long enough to do that.

3 days ooj before you can be forced minimum please! give kds a chance to find their own wars, wave other kds and do hostile play, pump, take a break, or enjoy other aspects of the game. Wars are a big part of the game, but not the only part...
beans

Postby beans » 03 Dec 2015, 19:39

also id like an admin ban on force wars that would fall on major holidays. I cant imagine that I would keep playing if I got a force war that put me warring on xmas eve/day. Or give monarchs/co monarchs the ability to black out certain dates which they can not be force warred, only a few, and none after yr 9.
beans

Postby WarMachine » 03 Dec 2015, 19:40

I'd actually like to see force war and rebuild as limit use options.

Maybe allow a KD 3 times to force war an age and 6 times you can use rebuild. Most kds will want to save 1 of each for EOA. I know that's too drastic tho to be implemented.
WarMachine

Postby hondarr » 03 Dec 2015, 20:38

WarMachine wrote:I'd actually like to see force war and rebuild as limit use options.

Maybe allow a KD 3 times to force war an age and 6 times you can use rebuild. Most kds will want to save 1 of each for EOA. I know that's too drastic tho to be implemented.

Thats cause thats a stupid idea. :)
hondarr

Postby hondarr » 03 Dec 2015, 20:56

Going to throw out an idea.

Instead of giving undead nightmare how about 100% chance to spread plague in war ( with adviser )

Would be a nice way to combat banks and TM's who rely on peasant growth to get OOR of attackers during war.

( cure pots still work )
hondarr

Postby nameisis » 03 Dec 2015, 21:56

NB or restore still counters very easily on active kd. But i guess better than NM. Barely used it in last 2 ages - both UD.
nameisis

Postby zeminith » 04 Dec 2015, 00:11

I think that the point is trying to make undead a viable A/m race like Dark elves.
It is much more interesting to make all races slightly versatile for various roles.

10% wiz boost is quite a significant one this age and is a step in the right direction to make undead NM wave a possibility. Not sure if its enough to encourage players to try though, although I do like the thematic flavour of this (gaining troops that were nightmared).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me, cos I would really prefer to get into war as soon as jubilant end.

The longer time the kingdom is stuck outside jubilant and rebuild the more bottom feed, random hits, plunder, learns and steals will be received.

For example, when a kingdom exit jubilant, it would have say 10-20 million in stash, 1 or 2 days later it would all be stolen probably. I would really rather be forced war immediately after jub so that I can switch to rebuild immediately and start a dragon, so all the stashed gold can go into funding the upcoming war.

In fact there was a few forced wars that I purposely waited a day or two before declaring on a kingdom that just exit jublilant; till the inevitable plunder or steal occurred so that we would not enter the war with severe gc disadvantage.

Well, so I dont quite understand the rationale behind waiting 72h after last war to declare.

Regarding the 72h after last war to be declared on, enlighten me, why would people prefer that other than to find an war on their own?
zeminith

Postby zeminith » 04 Dec 2015, 01:01

When is the latest time the monarch of the kingdom being forced to war can choose the war start date?
I am thinking within first 12 or 18h hour would be reasonable
(imagine him deciding it to be the 37th hour at the 36th hour, defeats the purpose of the countdown over button war)

What is the default time of war start if the monarch of the kingdom being forced to war did not choose a start date?

Lastly, maybe to make it simpler, easier and back to random again. It's fairer this way.
The monarch of the kingdom being forced to war can choose between short(24), medium(36) or long(48) preparation time, It will be added to a random time for the countdown.
zeminith

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements