Age 27 - The Age of Prophecy - Preliminary Changes

Game Announcements and Updates.

Re: Age 27 - The Age of Prophecy - Preliminary Changes

Postby lardass » 25 Jun 2015, 22:43

in response to my friend randalu, this age I was an Orc, I ran 15% WT/AL, had CS, RM cast and Ring of Warding. During a war after I attacked, I had 150k defense at homein the next 5 minutes I was NS 30 times without a fail and had 0 defense left, please tell me again what defense I have against the overpowered TMs
lardass

Postby lardass » 25 Jun 2015, 22:46

so in the final change Fog is gonna give a thief (halfling) a +30% thievery????? why and the rich get richer what chance does an attacker have against all these thievery bonus'???
lardass

Postby Fogtopia » 25 Jun 2015, 22:54

Frankly I am not sure whether t/m is strong or not currently, I get a lot of messages from attackers saying they are, and a lot of frustrated t/m messages saying they are not. For sure attackers are strengthened with these changes.
Fogtopia
Game Developer
Game Developer
Forum Moderator

Postby nameisis » 25 Jun 2015, 22:59

Yes they are strenghtened, that is true. But problem is still in how honour and sci, advisor and items work in tm advanatge.

Yes you can hit down TM, but it takes a lot of effort. While opping down pure attacker is super easy and can be done by 1 prov in few mins. Also once attacker is chained or overpoped, he can't massacre effective.

look at how many TPA/WPA mods there are and how many OPA mods are for example. Plus TM hold higher honour so they get insane pop bonuus from honour also, same as TPA/WPA bonus.

Attacker can get honour, but they can't keep it.
nameisis

Postby lardass » 25 Jun 2015, 23:13

well said nameisis, I completely agree with you, without being able to keep honor, attackers can only get pop bonus from POP Science
lardass

Postby lardass » 25 Jun 2015, 23:16

Im not sure what TMs could possibly be complaining about, the 1 out 100 op failures they have or what, but attackers cant hit the insanely high defense most TMs have anymore without suiciding and letting themselves open to be 4x'd by faeries of all things, that pretty much tells me how overpowered TMs are......lmao
lardass

Postby dede » 25 Jun 2015, 23:24

Teach Science general kingdom aid ability, to provinces with less than half your books per acre, and is removed from sage instructor

unless it is only can be done on jubi, this is highly abusable
New late starter prov get free books anyway. This is really not needed n abusable.
dede

Postby dede » 25 Jun 2015, 23:31

Starvation out of war to be at 50% effectiveness

Also remove it ^
dede

Postby kevan79 » 26 Jun 2015, 00:50

Starving provinces out of war is fun and a way to retail against attacks...
kevan79

Postby Lum » 26 Jun 2015, 02:55

WT and AL is quite useless as they are, a pumped prov has lower BE and this don't really give them much protection........if you send over a gold dragon, those buildings with already low bonus won't even work well against half-baked hybrids, running more mod tpa/wpa is actually better in some cases....at least i can stop hybrids but not t/m. Maybe give AL and WT a flat effect(not affected by BE, racial bonus still works), they will still work against half-baked hybrids, still vulnerable to T/M and does not stop too much ops when used by high BE provs.

imo, T/M's OP'ness come from the ability to dish our huge amount damage while still remain safe behind huge dpa, damage/gain need to be tweaked a bit.....increase RNW penalty for ops so that they won't build too big or too small.
Lum

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements