Age 27 - The Age of Prophecy - Preliminary Changes

Game Announcements and Updates.

Re: Age 27 - The Age of Prophecy - Preliminary Changes

Postby nameisis » 25 Jun 2015, 17:03

To dede:

Yes, but intra-trad is not available in jub, so unless you wanna intra-trad in normal it's not available. If you do it then it takes too long for next war and not fun. I agree growth should be promted, but then change game mechanics so less pumped kd's actually have a chance at warring. Honor and sci is mostly what needs tunning.

Can say from this age experience that we 3 plp at start grew into 12 player kd, adding plp along way. In we obviously grew too big and only kd which was "our league" didnt want to war us. While rest where super more pumped.

So either changes to honour and sci (POP, tpa and wpa) or make land dropping easier. I think admin also wanted to encourage making full kd''s.

To Grigs:

I think Bandit and Illusionist should be dropped completely, but Max WT's and Libs bonus should be lowered, making opping on banks easier.

As for example warrior and war Hero have bad advisors for war. Rogue and mystic should get ones too.

Mystic: Illustions change for one that give 50% duration for self spells, or double paradise effectivness
Rogue: Bandit exchange for one that gives 25% more coverage on towers or farms.

Or something like that
nameisis

Postby randallu » 25 Jun 2015, 17:30

Donate land = Bad
Allow intra razes in jub.

Donate Sci = Bad
Sci farms... Further separation from competitive and casual players, scrap this idea.
randallu

Postby Grigs » 25 Jun 2015, 18:33

I have to comment on the "dumb gameplay" remarks. Maybe there is a bit of elitism here blocking our rational thoughts but as this is a strategy game you should be able to articulate what makes an option "dumb". Is it really an option that will only be used for rubberbanding poor players? Or is it an option that will change the way a KD grows and strats?

Is a science farm different than any other kind of farm? You can donate gold to me and I can use it to get books right, but if there is someone aiding me science then I can get books even faster. Cool but it's not as though the KD is gaining books over all from that. It not just bad player who benefit, and anyone who simplifies is either not being honest or is not a very good player themselves. Maybe the person getting books is a bad and doesnt know how to pump (not likely). Or maybe the KD as decided that a player is going to be boosted early for better tpa, or something specific like that. (Much more likely)

I have no idea how this will play out. I just know these comments "dumb" comments need to make way for articulable concern for how this is going to be abused.
Grigs

Postby hondarr » 25 Jun 2015, 19:23

Would it be too difficult to put the old wiki online and let people edit it?

Halfer was terrible this age, and these changed basically killed it.

Not worried about the science bank only a few KD's will be able to realize its full potential at about week 5 when they are sitting on 2 or 3 WW and nobody will war them. Should see some really high NWPA on some provs now.

Some ideas that I like:
Kingdom projects. These cost lots and lots of gold but give you some sort of bonus. Maybe it is totally cosmetic ( border around KD gold, silver ect for crowns ) trophies displayed fire shooting out of someones backside, does not matter but a little more customization would go a long way.

Dragons: Paying for what features you want in the dragon. Maximum of 4 and cant stack certain ones. There are a few dragons that nobody uses unless its a random dragon. Each dragon perk cost x ammount. There are 28 possible dragon choices right now, and picking 4 out of the 28 would really let you tailor it to the war you want to fight. if you want to use a cookie cutter dragon go ahead and of course leave in the mystery dragon for the cheapos.

I like that you put new people into a KD, thats a welcome change.

Should really think about a tournament of champions at the end of the age. Highest WW gets the best seeding but could take some of the war wins trading/dodging/land dropping out of play.
hondarr

Postby Grigs » 25 Jun 2015, 20:14

srry double post editting
Grigs

Postby lardass » 25 Jun 2015, 20:52

I must admit I do agree with an earlier post, even running WT/AL with the -35% WT/AL advisors, there is 0 defense against their ops, and to have enough offense to be able to "break" them you have to be a suicider, somehow things need to be balanced out between attacker being able to actually "break" a TM and a TM being able to so easily strike all attackers
lardass

Postby randallu » 25 Jun 2015, 22:19

defence against ops: WT, AL, fort stance, rebuild stance, CS, RM, ring of warding, sentinel... what more do you need?
randallu

Postby nameisis » 25 Jun 2015, 22:26

Like previous guys said. WT''s and Libs don't work as of -35% advisor. CS/Rm can be vortexed off by any half baked mage. Warding stops some damage but not much.

And Sentinel is next to usless, cause of how pop and tpa bonuses work. There is very lil failed ops and what if you lose few more thives you drop from 100 tpa to 99, and so??? + there is -50% thievery losses advisor.

P.S. there aren't any negative coverage advisors for forts and GS on attacker pers.
nameisis

Postby Fogtopia » 25 Jun 2015, 22:27

Edited for:

Elves lose riot immunity
Removed yr 9 rebuild limit
Reverted faery change
Halfling Shadowthief improved: +30% thievery
Can use recon with idol
Change LandLust to hostile / war
Orc new bonus changed to 4x trade balance decay.
Lower honor start at 1000
Ent +15% attack speed, larger gains.
Donate Land to be in Jubilant only.
Teach Science general kingdom aid ability, to provinces with less than half your books per acre, and is removed from sage instructor
Undead gain Quickfeet.
Fogtopia
Game Developer
Game Developer
Forum Moderator

Postby nameisis » 25 Jun 2015, 22:37

So for once Ork got 1 good war advisor. But no we must change it something bad like trade decay.

Ork if unplayable in warring kd, unless whole kd choose it. Becuase it have worst advisors for attacker from whole races except, Elf and Gnomes.

Why even ork have that trade decay? Let mechant have it and be good. Orks should be like warring race, uber agressive and like that. In end they get what, trade decay advisor and pesants produce more gold. :D
nameisis

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements