Age 27 - The Age of Prophecy - Preliminary Changes

Game Announcements and Updates.

Re: Age 27 - The Age of Prophecy - Preliminary Changes

Postby ImJustSayin » 26 Jun 2015, 03:10

Sage:
Librarian: 0.5 books generated per acre per tick, New: Hide Books - Intel operations out of war report 0 books

I think this should only hide unallocated books, just as it used to be for everyone. hiding books allocated is a bit too much ...

also, after thinking about it, I liked to original change to orc, -50% overpop / starving losses. I think thats probably a bit better than the TB thing. or use them both :) I feel like others dont really care for the TB thing ... its just something I thought of during the age as orcs tend to need a lot of aid to sustain offense OOW ...
Last edited by ImJustSayin on 26 Jun 2015, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
ImJustSayin

Postby randallu » 26 Jun 2015, 03:12

T/M are strong in the fact that they can operate normally. They cannot be unbreakable anymore though. Everyone and their mother can hit them and orcs are able to double tap even. People who complain about ops are the type of people that expect to be safe from everything.

Elf is overpowered still, remove CS.
randallu

Postby hondarr » 26 Jun 2015, 03:25

the problem people are saying is that a TM can devastate an attacker through WT/AL and the only recourse an attacker has is to hit the T/M maybe one time? What this does is adds to their already strong WPA and they LL the acres back anyways.

I have no complaints personally since I think team work can take care of any TM I'm just trying to make the TM complaints simple.

I accidentally gave unfriendly to a KD with 12 people this age playing in a KD of four and I had this happen. Tornadoes have destroyed 6,786 buildings. I had 4.5 WPA with 15% AL's. They had TM's unload on me and there was nothing I could do to stop it. At this point they each had around 25-30 Wpa and no matter what I did I couldnt stop it.
hondarr

Postby nameisis » 26 Jun 2015, 05:27

Exactly ops are overpowered. Can be opened anyone with good gains even oor.

Def is not a problem on TM, problem is uber high TPA/WPA (also -50% thievery losses advisor.) which in end means that failed ops, don't hurt you. Same as you can just buy potions.

Also for sci aiding to work and be less abusable, make all sci curves much steeper. Espeically after 100 BPA in field, so aiding sci on provs with low sci makes scene, while sci farming not.
nameisis

Postby didy » 26 Jun 2015, 09:42

why all the support of powerplay?
all counters are nerfed
- raze 400 pts, only 1 hit each 16h
- elf-ll only at hostile
- aw only at war
you cant damage a stronger kd anymore, just get farmed out

and if you press war for limited farmout, you also cant raze/aw, because jubi gives it back.
didy

Postby Walrus » 26 Jun 2015, 22:02

I posted a lot a couple of ages ago about enhancing the Massacre attack as a tool to be used against TMs, and suggested some ways of buffing it. These were implemented (hurrah!) but it seems Massacre (and any other non-TM attack) is still not used during war.

If you want to help attackers, I think you need to make the other attack types more useful during war. A massacre, learn or even plunder during war should be able to destroy an equivalent amount to a TM.

With more viable attack types during wars, attackers are indirectly buffed and it creates more variety, rather than just trading TMs until someone gives up - this echoes the various options TMs have to damage and weaken opponents.

My proposed changes would be along the lines of giving extra gains on non-TM attacks, and reducing their attack time (making them faster). The second part is most important, as in order for an attacker to be willing to send his army out and not have incoming land, he will not want that army to be out for too long and risk getting chained down.

The implications of this are varied - enemy TMs may be forced to build schools or guardstations in order to improve their defence, meaning they lose out in another area, for example.
Walrus

Postby Grif » 26 Jun 2015, 23:51

The first and most important change would be to introduce ops/spells defiance at start of war similar to what we have for hits
Start of war hit defiance has been a very important change reducing the amount of activity needed to be competitive at war start, allowing more 'normal' kind of players to have fun at wars.
Ops/spells defiance would be a further step on the same pattern, something I'm asking since a few ages now
One of the wars we lost this age started with a LL chain on two of our strongest a/t hybrids who lost more than 30% of their land within the first 2 minutes of war and were not be able to make hits for hours
More than a new special kind of defiance I would combine all kind of defiance into a single one
Grif

Postby lardass » 27 Jun 2015, 01:44

walrus as an attacker the most important thig you have during war is incoming acres, if you were to MASS a TM and have no incoming acres you get chained into oblivion, an attacker cannot make an attack other than TRAD or he will not get another chance to make another attack. most people in this game understand that if they see an attacker making an attack that does not get them acres they will automatically chain said attacker
lardass

Postby Walrus » 30 Jun 2015, 18:28

lardass wrote:walrus as an attacker the most important thig you have during war is incoming acres, if you were to MASS a TM and have no incoming acres you get chained into oblivion, an attacker cannot make an attack other than TRAD or he will not get another chance to make another attack. most people in this game understand that if they see an attacker making an attack that does not get them acres they will automatically chain said attacker

You are right mate in that in the current meta, attackers HAVE to have incoming land, and so no other attack than a trad/ambush is really used. This is why I said that the other attacks would need to be buffed to make them viable in war.

If return times were reduced on learn/plunder/massacre during war, by maybe 25-50%, it would encourage attackers to use those attacks, and thus indirectly buff them (compared with T/Ms). It would require a bit of a change of mindset of the players of course, but I think it would be a good solution.
Walrus

Previous

Return to Announcements